April 18th, 2018
April 17th, 2018
- Search added to Smooch guide docs. Thank you Algolia.
April 9th, 2018
April 6th, 2018
March 22nd, 2018
March 21st, 2018
March 20th, 2018
March 15th, 2018
February 26th, 2018
February 22nd, 2018
February 15th, 2018
February 14th, 2018
- Android SDK 5.9.0 released with support for initialization from an Activity
- Updated LINE channel to gracefully handle users who block the business. A delivery:failure webhook will now be triggered when attempting to deliver messages to such LINE users.
February 12th, 2018
February 9th, 2018
December 6th, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.5.0 released with support for business read receipts.
November 30th, 2017
November 29th, 2017
November 24th, 2017
- Added API support for business read receipt.
- Added support for business read receipt for Messenger channel.
- Android SDK 5.6.0 released with support for business read receipt.
- iOS SDK 6.5.0 released with support for business read receipt.
November 23rd, 2017
- Failed webhook delivery attempts are now displayed in the web app Logs tab. Before, webhook failure logs would only show up after retry attempts were exhausted.
November 21st, 2017
- Added a new
typing:appUser webhook trigger for when a user starts or stops typing a message.
- Web Messenger 4.3.4 released with support for user typing events.
- Android SDK 5.5.0 released with support for user typing events.
- iOS SDK 6.4.0 released with support for user typing events.
November 16th, 2017
- Introduced a new set of APIs for transferring conversations to and from Smooch SDKs and third party messaging apps. Read more about this in the channel transfer guide.
November 9th, 2017
- Android SDK 5.4.1 adds support for message timestamps in the conversation.
November 1st, 2017
- Android SDK 5.4.0 adds support for notification channels for apps targeting Android 8.0 (Oreo) or higher.
October 31st, 2017
October 30th, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.3.0 released with support for message timestamps in the conversation.
- iOS SDK 6.3.1 released with support for map views for location messages.
October 27th, 2017
- Added typing indicator support in Android SDK 5.3.0
October 23rd, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.2.0 released with support for channel transfers.
- Web Messenger 4.1.0 released with support for extensions and an update to React 16 for performance and speed upgrades.
October 20th, 2017
October 2nd, 2017
- iOS SDK 6.1.0 adds support for iPhone X.
September 29th, 2017
- Added a new api endpoint to retrieve all the business systems an appUser’s conversation connects to.
September 18th, 2017
- Android SDK 5.0.0, Web Messenger 4.0.0 and iOS SDK 6.0.0 have been updated with a new optimized initialization sequence. See release notes for more details.
September 1st, 2017
- Introduced a 14-day trial period for API usage on free plans
August 15th, 2017
- iOS SDK 5.8.2 was released with support for iOS 11 and XCode 9
July 29th, 2017
- Added raw client info to clients reflecting profile information available from each channel
July 7th, 2017
July 3rd, 2017
June 20th, 2017
June 1st, 2017
May 30th, 2017
- Added Dutch translations in iOS SDK 5.6.8
May 26th, 2017
iOS SDK updated
- Added ability to localize date format using string files
- Changed the conversation navigation bar implementation to make it possible to customize the label at runtime
May 24th, 2017
May 12th, 2017
Android SDK updated
- Calls to
Conversation.Delegate.onMessagesReceived no longer occur on image upload
- Progress on image uploads now displays correctly
- Add synchronicity lock to attempt to fix
- Added Update App API
- Updated Create App API with new
- Updated Smooch API libraries to fix issue caused by empty arrays being sent to the server and added reasonable defaults for
May 11th, 2017
- Added a new page in the dashboard which lets you see and manage all of your Smooch apps
- Added the ability to quickly navigate between your Smooch apps from anywhere in the dashboard using name or Id
- Speed and performance have been improved for accounts with a large number of Smooch apps
- The Smooch dashboard was given a facelift for an experience that is more intuitive, productive, and enjoyable
May 8th, 2017
April 11th, 2017
- Twitter DM is now a customer channel available on Smooch
April 7th, 2017
April 4th, 2017
- Added delegate methods to allow on-the-fly customization of message display and sending in iOS SDK 5.6.0
April 3rd, 2017
- Added delegate methods to allow on-the-fly customization of message display and sending in Android SDK 4.5.0
March 30th, 2017
- Added support for Messenger webview height, and Messenger Extensions (with fallback URL) in
link actions. Learn More
March 17th, 2017
- Mailgun is now a customer channel available on Smooch
- Added menu targeting API and submenu support. Learn More
March 9th, 2017
- Added support for changing display settings for carousel messages. Learn more
- Increased the limit of quick replies before truncation to 11 on Facebook Messenger
- Increased the limit at which Facebook Messenger messages are divided into smaller ones to 640
March 7th, 2017
- Credit card numbers in message text are now automatically obfuscated, and will only display the last 4 digits (ex:
- Added revoke OAuth access API. Learn More
March 6th, 2017
March 1st, 2017
February 20th, 2017
- Added new
conversation:start event in the webhooks for when a user opts in to start a conversation.
- Improved Facebook Messenger linking support in Web Messenger 3.13.0
February 17th, 2017
- Android SDK 4.3.0 & Web Messenger 3.12.0 bring support for location sharing and improved user experience while a message is being sent.
February 14th, 2017
- Added location request support in iOS SDK 5.5.0
January 27th, 2017
January 19th, 2017
- Added quick replies support in Android SDK 4.2.0
January 12th, 2017
- Added the “Logs” tab to the web app, which allows you to see delivery events for messages and webhooks.
January 3rd, 2017
- Added quick replies support in iOS SDK 5.4.0
January 2nd, 2017
December 16th, 2016
- Added text and image type message support in Android SDK 4.1.0
- Added text and image type message support in iOS SDK 5.3.0
- Added new webhook triggers for
conversation:read. Learn more
December 8th, 2016
- Improved API performance for very long conversations
December 2nd, 2016
- Added support for Facebook Messenger list messages
- Added new field
type to the create message API
- Reply actions are now transformed into keyboard buttons on Viber
November 24th, 2016
- Added typing indicator support in iOS SDK 5.2.0
November 16th, 2016
- Added typing indicator support in Web Messenger 3.8.0
November 15th, 2016
November 10th, 2016
November 7th, 2016
October 28th, 2016
October 26th, 2016
October 17th, 2016
- Upgraded LINE to support the new messaging API. LINE BOT API support is now deprecated.
October 14th, 2016
- Added pagination support in iOS SDK 5.1.0
September 21st, 2016
September 7th, 2016
- iOS SDK 5.0 adds support for iOS 10, replyable notifications, and rich notifications. Learn more
September 2nd, 2016
- Added pagination support on the conversation API
- Web Messenger 3.4.0 adds support for pagination and loads message history as you scroll
August 18th, 2016
- Added persistent menu API with support on Facebook Messenger and WeChat
- Added message transferred counts in the dashboard
- Android SDK 4.0.0 now supports Android 7.0 “Nougat” and Firebase cloud messaging
August 15th, 2016
August 10th, 2016
- Android SDK 3.2.2 now includes turkish translations
July 29th, 2016
Web Messenger 3.2.0 now supports:
- Being displayed as a button or a tab when closed.
- Color customization from the dashboard.
- Automatic contrast detection for text displayed on top of configured colors.
July 26th, 2016
- Added carousel API with full support for Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Text only fallback for all other channels.
July 13th, 2016
June 29th, 2016
Web Messenger 3.1.0 adds:
- An error banner when sending a message fails
- Auto resize based on window height
June 22nd, 2016
- Added WeChat as a customer channel. Learn more
- Web Messenger 3.0.0 adds notifications and account linking on Facebook Messenger, Telegram & WeChat. Learn more
May 25th, 2016
- Android SDK 3.2.0 allows to manually trigger Smooch push notifications via multiple
May 24th, 2016