August 15th, 2018
August 13th, 2018
August 9th, 2018
- Added the capability to test WhatsApp with a sandbox account. Learn more
July 23rd, 2018
July 19th, 2018
July 18th, 2018
- App user messages now have an
integrationId in the message
July 16th, 2018
- Update LINE integration to support short-lived access tokens. Learn more
June 27th, 2018
June 26th, 2018
- Optimized server side web socket connection handling to improve energy consumption for mobile SDKs
June 19th, 2018
- Web Messenger 4.12.5 released with fixes for syncing messages across multiple browser sessions, and loading the iframe in certain browser environments.
June 13th, 2018
- Android SDK 5.13.0 released with support for starting text which allows you to pre-fill the text box when showing the conversation.
June 12th, 2018
- iOS SDK 6.10.0 released with support for starting text which allows to pre-fill the text box when showing the conversation.
June 11th, 2018
June 5th, 2018
- Added new
appUserId parameters to the Upload Attachment API to support automatic deletion of attachments.
May 31st, 2018
May 28th, 2018
May 22nd, 2018
May 17th, 2018
May 14th, 2018
- Added support for customizable avatar and name in Office Hours. Learn more
April 26th, 2018
April 18th, 2018
April 17th, 2018
- Search added to Smooch guide docs. Thank you Algolia.
April 9th, 2018
April 6th, 2018
- Android SDK 5.11.0 released with support for user file uploads.
- iOS SDK 6.9.0 released with support for user file uploads.
- Web Messenger 4.9.1 released with support for CSP and fix an issue when using the package from a Browserify/webpack integration.
March 22nd, 2018
March 21st, 2018
March 20th, 2018
March 15th, 2018
February 26th, 2018
February 22nd, 2018
February 15th, 2018
February 14th, 2018
- Android SDK 5.9.0 released with support for initialization from an Activity
- Updated LINE channel to gracefully handle users who block the business. A delivery:failure webhook will now be triggered when attempting to deliver messages to such LINE users.
February 12th, 2018
February 9th, 2018
December 6th, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.5.0 released with support for business read receipts.
November 30th, 2017
November 29th, 2017
November 24th, 2017
- Added API support for business read receipt.
- Added support for business read receipt for Messenger channel.
- Android SDK 5.6.0 released with support for business read receipt.
- iOS SDK 6.5.0 released with support for business read receipt.
November 23rd, 2017
- Failed webhook delivery attempts are now displayed in the web app Logs tab. Before, webhook failure logs would only show up after retry attempts were exhausted.
November 21st, 2017
- Added a new
typing:appUser webhook trigger for when a user starts or stops typing a message.
- Web Messenger 4.3.4 released with support for user typing events.
- Android SDK 5.5.0 released with support for user typing events.
- iOS SDK 6.4.0 released with support for user typing events.
November 16th, 2017
- Introduced a new set of APIs for transferring conversations to and from Smooch SDKs and third party messaging apps. Read more about this in the channel transfer guide.
November 9th, 2017
- Android SDK 5.4.1 adds support for message timestamps in the conversation.
November 1st, 2017
- Android SDK 5.4.0 adds support for notification channels for apps targeting Android 8.0 (Oreo) or higher.
October 31st, 2017
October 30th, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.3.0 released with support for message timestamps in the conversation.
- iOS SDK 6.3.1 released with support for map views for location messages.
October 27th, 2017
- Added typing indicator support in Android SDK 5.3.0
October 23rd, 2017
- Web Messenger 4.2.0 released with support for channel transfers.
- Web Messenger 4.1.0 released with support for extensions and an update to React 16 for performance and speed upgrades.
October 20th, 2017
October 2nd, 2017
- iOS SDK 6.1.0 adds support for iPhone X.
September 29th, 2017
- Added a new api endpoint to retrieve all the business systems an appUser’s conversation connects to.
September 18th, 2017
- Android SDK 5.0.0, Web Messenger 4.0.0 and iOS SDK 6.0.0 have been updated with a new optimized initialization sequence. See release notes for more details.
September 1st, 2017
- Introduced a 14-day trial period for API usage on free plans
August 15th, 2017
- iOS SDK 5.8.2 was released with support for iOS 11 and XCode 9
July 29th, 2017
- Added raw client info to clients reflecting profile information available from each channel
July 7th, 2017
July 3rd, 2017
June 20th, 2017
June 1st, 2017
May 30th, 2017
- Added Dutch translations in iOS SDK 5.6.8
May 26th, 2017
iOS SDK updated
- Added ability to localize date format using string files
- Changed the conversation navigation bar implementation to make it possible to customize the label at runtime
May 24th, 2017
May 12th, 2017
Android SDK updated
- Calls to
Conversation.Delegate.onMessagesReceived no longer occur on image upload
- Progress on image uploads now displays correctly
- Add synchronicity lock to attempt to fix
- Added Update App API
- Updated Create App API with new
- Updated Smooch API libraries to fix issue caused by empty arrays being sent to the server and added reasonable defaults for
May 11th, 2017
- Added a new page in the dashboard which lets you see and manage all of your Smooch apps
- Added the ability to quickly navigate between your Smooch apps from anywhere in the dashboard using name or Id
- Speed and performance have been improved for accounts with a large number of Smooch apps
- The Smooch dashboard was given a facelift for an experience that is more intuitive, productive, and enjoyable
May 8th, 2017
April 11th, 2017
- Twitter DM is now a customer channel available on Smooch
April 7th, 2017
April 4th, 2017
- Added delegate methods to allow on-the-fly customization of message display and sending in iOS SDK 5.6.0
April 3rd, 2017
- Added delegate methods to allow on-the-fly customization of message display and sending in Android SDK 4.5.0
March 30th, 2017
- Added support for Messenger webview height, and Messenger Extensions (with fallback URL) in
link actions. Learn More
March 17th, 2017
- Mailgun is now a customer channel available on Smooch
- Added menu targeting API and submenu support. Learn More
March 9th, 2017
- Added support for changing display settings for carousel messages. Learn more
- Increased the limit of quick replies before truncation to 11 on Facebook Messenger
- Increased the limit at which Facebook Messenger messages are divided into smaller ones to 640
March 7th, 2017
- Credit card numbers in message text are now automatically obfuscated, and will only display the last 4 digits (ex:
- Added revoke OAuth access API. Learn More
March 6th, 2017
March 1st, 2017
February 20th, 2017
- Added new
conversation:start event in the webhooks for when a user opts in to start a conversation.
- Improved Facebook Messenger linking support in Web Messenger 3.13.0
February 17th, 2017
- Android SDK 4.3.0 & Web Messenger 3.12.0 bring support for location sharing and improved user experience while a message is being sent.
February 14th, 2017
- Added location request support in iOS SDK 5.5.0
January 27th, 2017
January 19th, 2017
- Added quick replies support in Android SDK 4.2.0
January 12th, 2017
- Added the “Logs” tab to the web app, which allows you to see delivery events for messages and webhooks.
January 3rd, 2017
- Added quick replies support in iOS SDK 5.4.0
January 2nd, 2017
December 16th, 2016
- Added text and image type message support in Android SDK 4.1.0
- Added text and image type message support in iOS SDK 5.3.0
- Added new webhook triggers for
conversation:read. Learn more
December 8th, 2016
- Improved API performance for very long conversations
December 2nd, 2016
- Added support for Facebook Messenger list messages
- Added new field
type to the create message API
- Reply actions are now transformed into keyboard buttons on Viber
November 24th, 2016
- Added typing indicator support in iOS SDK 5.2.0
November 16th, 2016
- Added typing indicator support in Web Messenger 3.8.0
November 15th, 2016
November 10th, 2016
November 7th, 2016
October 28th, 2016
October 26th, 2016
October 17th, 2016
- Upgraded LINE to support the new messaging API. LINE BOT API support is now deprecated.
October 14th, 2016
- Added pagination support in iOS SDK 5.1.0
September 21st, 2016
September 7th, 2016
- iOS SDK 5.0 adds support for iOS 10, replyable notifications, and rich notifications. Learn more
September 2nd, 2016
- Added pagination support on the conversation API
- Web Messenger 3.4.0 adds support for pagination and loads message history as you scroll
August 18th, 2016
- Added persistent menu API with support on Facebook Messenger and WeChat
- Added message transferred counts in the dashboard
- Android SDK 4.0.0 now supports Android 7.0 “Nougat” and Firebase cloud messaging
August 15th, 2016
August 10th, 2016
- Android SDK 3.2.2 now includes turkish translations
July 29th, 2016
Web Messenger 3.2.0 now supports:
- Being displayed as a button or a tab when closed.
- Color customization from the dashboard.
- Automatic contrast detection for text displayed on top of configured colors.
July 26th, 2016
- Added carousel API with full support for Facebook Messenger and Telegram. Text only fallback for all other channels.
July 13th, 2016
June 29th, 2016
Web Messenger 3.1.0 adds:
- An error banner when sending a message fails
- Auto resize based on window height
June 22nd, 2016
- Added WeChat as a customer channel. Learn more
- Web Messenger 3.0.0 adds notifications and account linking on Facebook Messenger, Telegram & WeChat. Learn more
May 25th, 2016
- Android SDK 3.2.0 allows to manually trigger Smooch push notifications via multiple
May 24th, 2016